The Jefferson County Schools (JCS) district receives federal funding for many programs either through entitlement, which are funds received by all districts based on various criteria or through competitive grants, which means that the district as applied to receive a part of these funds. Below is a list of Jefferson County Schools federal programs.
- Title I-A: Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantages
- Title I-C: Education of Migratory Children
- Title I-D: Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who are Neglected, Delinquent, or At-Risk
- Title II, Part A: Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III: English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement Act
- Title IV-A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
Please feel free to contact our offices if you would like to receive a copy of our budget or specific program initiatives.
JCS affirms that we comply with Title VI and the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which state: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal Financial Assistance.
Anyone who believes that the JCS system has discriminated against them or another individual may file a complaint. The complaint should be directed to the Supervisor of Federal Programs.
Academic assurances required for Federal Compliance may be located on our Academics Department Page. These assurances include, but may not be limited to: Assessment Information, Curriculum & Course Information, ESL Information, TtI Information, access to Strategic and Academic Plans, Textbook and Library Collections Transparence Policies.
Federal Spending Plans
ESSER, ESSER2.0, & ESSER 3.0
- September 2023 Addenda Public Spending Plan
- January 2022 Addenda Public Spending Plan
- September 2022 Addenda Public Spending Plan