Family and Community Engagement Plans
The Jefferson County Schools Family and Community Engagement Plan was developed in collaboration with parents and stakeholders to:
- Set expectations for family and community involvement at both the district and individual school levels.
- Ensure that programs, activities and procedures in all schools are planned and operated with meaningful consultation with parents.
- Provide full opportunities for the participation of parents and families with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory children.
- Intended to be used to develop family and community engagement programs, set goals and priorities related to family and community involvement and evaluate current programs for compliance.
- Family and Community Engagement is incorporated into the School Improvement Plan, Parent Compact, etc.
- Welcoming all families in the school community:
- Communicating Effectively
- Supporting Student Success
- Speaking Up for Every Child
- Sharing Power
- Collaborating with Community
- State Report Card for Jefferson County Schools