Press release now available.
An update from the JCS Director of Schools regarding details associated with the Governor's announcement about school closures as well as ongoing academic supports and meal services was shared via the auto-call system this evening.
- Jefferson County Schools will remain closed through May 22, 2020, in accordance with the recommendation of Governor Bill Lee.
- Jefferson County Schools will continue to provide academic support and meal services to students.
- The next meal distribution will take place tomorrow, Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Meals Provided Daily - Monday through Friday: 10 am-Noon.
- All schools EXCEPT JCHS and JA will serve as Meal Distribution Sites.
- Children will receive One (1) Breakfast and One (1) Lunch each day.
- Parents are encouraged to pick up meals where the child attends school. Families with children in multiple schools may pick up at the location closest to their home.
- Additional information concerning next steps including announcements for high school seniors, collection of students' personal items, and process for returning school resources will be provided by the office of the Director of Schools next week.
- All plans remain subject to change based upon guidance from government and health officials.
- Jefferson County Schools continues to take the health and well-being of employees, volunteers, students, and guardians seriously and will continue to make all efforts to keep all safe.
Visit https://www.jc-tn.net/covid-19-update for the most up-to-date information regarding JCS responses and support for COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience, support, and understanding in all matters associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- district front