Press release now available.
An update from the JCS Director of Schools was shared via the auto-call system this evening. Topics in the update include:
- Daily meal distribution continues at all school campuses EXCEPT JCHS and Jefferson Academy. This process will be re-evaluated next week.
- Meals Provided Daily - Monday through Friday: 10 am-Noon.
- Children receive One (1) Breakfast and One (1) Lunch each day.
- Parents are encouraged to pick up meals where the child attends school. Families with children in multiple schools may pick up at the location closest to their home.
- Jefferson County Schools will continue to provide academic support.
- The next round of academic packets will be distributed for students in Pre-K - 8th Grade at all elementary and middle schools this Friday, April 24, 2020, from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Distribution of packets will take place curbside with no need for families to leave their vehicles.
- A digital copy of the Pre-K - 8th Grade Academic Packets are available at www.jc-tn.net/covid-19-update, under Instructional Resources.
- High School students will continue to work through Canvas and JCHS will provide more information soon.
- Plans for end-of-year events such as returning books and laptops, the return of student personal items, distribution of grades and report cards, and high school graduation are being finalized and will be shared soon.
- Plans for academic remediation and enrichment opportunities to help bridge the gap created by extended school closure of buildings are also being developed.
Visit https://www.jc-tn.net/covid-19-update for the most up-to-date information regarding JCS responses and support for COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience, support, and understanding in all matters associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- district front