Read key details from the Director's Update Call and link to the call transcript.
Following are the key details from the 12/3/20 Director's Update Call. Access the full call transcript HERE.
- Covid cases and people in quarantine continue to be monitored carefully. A link to the most up-to-date Covid case information is always available from our News page (www.jc-tn.net/students/news). CDC updated guidance regarding quarantine is under review by the district in collaboration with our local health department. Any updates to JCS protocols will be posted on the JCS webpage.
- In-Person Learning for students in Grades PreK- 12: December 7-10, 2020.
- Next District-Wide Distance Learning Day: Friday, December 11, 2020 (Grades PreK - 12)
- December 14th will also be a Distance Learning Day for JCHS Traditional Learning Students.
- December 11 and 14th: JCHS will be utilized to allow Distance Learning families to send their children for state-mandated end of course exams.
- The state of Tennessee requires that all students take part in state-mandated tests such as EOC and TCAP. By state statute, there is specific language that does not allow students to opt-out of state testing and by local board policy, the tests are 15% of the final grade. Please contact your child's principal for additional information, questions, or concerns about state testing.
- Many thanks to teachers and staff for continued work and to parents for support and flexibility during a difficult time for everyone involved.
- district front