Meal distribution changes and extension of "Stay at Home Order" Meals will NOT be distributed on Tuesday, 4/14/20.
Changes in Meal Distribution
Updates regarding changes in the JCS Student Meal Distribution plan is provided in the April 12, 2020 Press Release. Details will also be shared via the auto call system this afternoon. The following topics are detailed in the call and are available in the press release:
- No JCS Meal Distribution on Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
- Changes and Updates Beginning Friday, April 17, 2020
- Meals Provided Daily - Monday through Friday: 10 am-Noon.
- All schools EXCEPT JCHS and JA will serve as Meal Distribution Sites.
- Children will receive One (1) Breakfast and One (1) Lunch each day.
- Parents are encouraged to pick up meals where the child attends school. Families with children in multiple schools may pick up at the location closest to their home.
- Over the last three weeks, over 22,000 children were provided in excess of 108,000 meals by JCS at six sites throughout the county.
- Please read the April 12, 2020 Press Release for additional details.
Tennessee's "Stay at Home Order" Extended through April 30, 2020
- JCS Director of Schools shared via auto-call system on Monday, April 13, 2020, that Governor Bill Lee extended Tennessee's "Stay at Home Order through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
- Students are encouraged to continue to work on academic packets and teachers will continue to support instruction and educational progress by utilizing multiple methods of technology.
- In addition to classroom teachers, the JCS Homework Hotline is available for content and technical support.
Visit https://www.jc-tn.net/covid-19-update for the most up-to-date information regarding JCS responses and support for COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience, support, and understanding in all matters associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- district front