Registration & New Student Information
Questions related to Student Registration may be directed to the School Attendance Secretary via a phone call to the school or to Central Office using the Questions & Feedback Link below.
Questions & feedback are directed to appropriate departments for follow-up. Call JCS Central office for immediate/urgent needs.
Jefferson County Schools uses the Aspen Family Portal for student registration. Family Portal accounts are connected to a parent/guardian's email address. This account is used to register and monitor Student Aspen Information for each student in the family.
Only parents/guardians who do not have a Family Portal in Jefferson County Schools should create a New Family Portal Account.
Parents with returning enrolled students who are also enrolling a new student, including Kindergarten Registration, should use their Existing Family Portal Account.
The Registration platform is NOT AVAILABLE ON MOBILE PHONES. Please USE A COMPUTER to register your student. If you do not have a computer, contact your child's school office to set up a time to visit and use a school device.
Create Family Portal
Only Create a Family Portal if you do not already have one.
NOTE: If you currently have a student in Jefferson County Schools, you should have already created a Family Portal Account for Student Registration and you can use the Existing Family Portal directions in the next column. If you have an enrolled student but did NOT create a Family Portal Account, please visit your child's School Attendance Clerk for assistance.
- How to Access the JCS Student Information System
- Step 1: Select Account Type
- Step 2: Create Aspen Account
- Step 3: Confirmation & Next Steps
- Step 4: Login to Aspen to Register
- Step 5: Initiate Registration
How to Access the JCS Student Information System
Step 1: Select Account Type
Step 2: Create Aspen Account
Step 3: Confirmation & Next Steps
Step 4: Login to Aspen to Register
Step 5: Initiate Registration
Existing Family Portal
Existing Family Portal instructions are for all families that previously created an account for any child enrolled in Jefferson County Schools.
Examples of Existing JCS Family Portals:
- Students enrolling for the first time in a Middle School but attended an Elementary School in Jefferson County.
- Kindergarten students with older siblings who are enrolled in Jefferson County Schools.
Account Access Questions
- Contact your existing student's school if you do not recall the email address used to create the your Aspen Family Portal.
- Use the I forgot my password link on the Aspen Login Page if you do not remember your password.
Please send any online registration questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration
Registration documents are available in the Aspen Parent Portal. Please ContactUs@jcboe.net if you have any difficulty finding or accessing a document.